Grain Bin Bar
Our bar was built and hand crafted to embody luxury and efficiency, with our primary focus to give our clients an exceptional service experience. Our professional team works closely with each couple to ensure our services exceeds their expectations. Clients in 2023 must provide their own alcohol. Our storage facility enables us to stock a supply of corkage to ensure we never run out of anything. Our in house bartending service provide an unparalleled, turn key experience for one of the most important aspects of your day.
- Standard 10 hr shift for fully licensed and uniformed bartenders - $350 / bar staff
- we recommend 2 bar staff members for every 100 guests
- Standard corkage - $10 / guest
- Coffee & Tea service available - $3.5 / guest
- Cash box and float - $500 float for cash bar, returnable at end of the event (if applicable)
Corkage is a fee charged per guest to cover the additional ingredients and disposable items that go into making drinks. Standard corkage includes:
- Drink Mix - Coke, Diet coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Club Soda, Tonic & Cranberry Juice
- Lemons & Limes
- Disposable cups, Shot Glasses & Straws
- Water station & Ice
If you would like to serve drinks that use additional mixes, this should be discussed with our bar manager in advanced. We offer a number of popular kits at fixed costs.
Caesar Corkage Kit
$250 / event. This popular kit includes:
- Clamato juice
- Pickled asparagus
- Worcestershire sauce
- Celery salt Rimmer
Juice Corkage Kit
$100 / event. This popular kit includes:
- Orange, Grapefruit and Pineapple Juice
- Grenadine and Lime Cordial
Sangria Corkage Kit
$300 / event. This popular kit includes:
- Home made Sangria infused with fresh fruit & a splash of Sprite
Specialty Corkage Kit
If you have speciality requirements that are not covered by any of our standard kits, please inquire to make any necessary arrangements. Speciality corkage kits will vary in price depending on what is included, but you can anticipate a cost of between $150 and $300 per event.
Detail of Service
- Obsidian Staff will be on site a minimum 1 hour before bar opens to set up.
- Obsidian Staff will remain on site after the bar closes to pack up the bar and clean up the bar area.
- Bartenders will rotate off the bar during the slower times to clear tables of service items – as time allows.
- Bartenders will never use drugs or alcohol while on shift – their responsibility is to look after you and your guests with the best duty of care possible.
- Occasionally, our bartenders may need to cut off or slow down guests – we ask that you support their discretion.
- Obsidian staff will not allow an intoxicated guest to go to their vehicle without a designated driver.
- Bartenders are always willing to call a cab, Uber, or check with wedding couple to find a safe option.
- Please feed our team – their shift is 10 hours in length and its not possible to go offsite to pick up dinner.
- If the bar can be closed during speeches – this prevents disruptions during speeches, allows the bar staff to clean up and maintain the bar area, as well as eat and catch a quick break – this method works best.
- Tip Jar – our Bartenders will have a tip jar out unless other arrangements are made ahead of time.
- If you are doing a cash bar – money will be transferred to the designated sober person at the end of the night.
- We do not advise or support the use of tickets. This adds a lot of confusion and an extra layer of effort for your guests.
- Bartenders are not responsible to pack out unused bar items from the bar at the end of the night, nor to pack in the bar items – such as beer, wine and liquor.
- Unless other arrangements are made in advance – Please be sure to put cold items in fridge well in advance to cool them, or ensure that they are delivered onsite with ample time to cool. We will not open up more then one box of each type of beer/cider at a time – so you can return unopened cases
- Wine – whenever possible – if putting wine on tables – we recommend the screw cap kind so if they don't get used the entire bottles are not wasted.
- Bartenders are not responsible for catering or event coordinating items such as coffee station, food/dinner tables clearing plates, taking down buffet tables, etc. – unless prior arrangements have been made.